My assignment with successful electronic and software consultancy Fen Technology was to develop business opportunities in new markets.
The majority of Fen’s business came from referrals from long-term contacts of the management team — this is a common feature of many such small consultancies. Fen wanted to diversify its client base to secure the sales pipeline for the long term. My activities included:
- setting up CRM system for cataloguing and progressing sales contacts and leads
- identification of customer profiles
- market surveys to identify and research potential customers
- visiting trade shows to gain understanding of new market sectors and meet potential customers in those sectors
- cultivating leads through the sales life-cycle
- account management